SQL CE 2.0 RDA to SQL 2008
Brian
2009-09-18 11:37:56 UTC
Does anyone know if it is possible to run RDA using SQL CE 2.0 and SQL
Server 2008? We are not doing any Replication.
Thanks,
Brian
ErikEJ
2009-09-21 17:14:45 UTC
Beware that this configuration is not supported - but as long as the
table/view you are pulling form only contains SQL Server 2000 compatible
data types, I beleive it should work. (You may also encounter issues with
named instances, to try to avoid that).
--
Erik Ejlskov Jensen, Mobile App Dev MCTS
Check out my SQL Compact blog at
Brian
Brian
2009-09-22 15:11:14 UTC
I was aware that it is not supported, but sometimes you have to make
the ugly choices. :) Thanks for the tips...we'll be sure to keep
those in mind should we be forced to go this route.
Brian
unknown
2009-09-23 13:49:38 UTC
Yes this is possible. I currently run RDA with SQL2008.

Posted as a reply to:

SQL CE 2.0 RDA to SQL 2008
18-Sep-09

Does anyone know if it is possible to run RDA using SQL CE 2.0 and SQL
Server 2008? We are not doing any Replication.
Thanks,
Brian

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ec832ac7-6e4c-4ea8-81ab-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx
unknown
2009-09-23 13:51:53 UTC
Yes this is possible. I currently run RDA and SQL 2008.

Posted as a reply to:

SQL CE 2.0 RDA to SQL 2008
18-Sep-09

Lutz