ole db connections from Office apps to sql ce 3.5
dev
2009-08-17 20:54:01 UTC
I am trying to connect and query data into Excel and/or MS Access from a
newly installed/created sql server compact instance and I seem to get
nowhere. The only thing that works is the 2008 SQL Management Studio and VS
2008 but I would like to perform simple data entry in MS Access via linked
tables and query data for simple reports into Excel.
There is no OLE DB provider showing in any of the data connection screens
(neither via Excel nor anywhere else in the non-Visual Studio/ssms world).
Am I doing something wrong ?
The O/S is Vista 64bit.
Thanks
Ginny Caughey
2009-08-17 21:05:42 UTC
You're not doing something wrong. I've done a sample using Visual Studio
Tools for Office (VSTO) and ADO.NET to load SqlCe data into Excel that might
give you some ideas. (Look about halfway down the page):
http://blogs.msdn.com/stevelasker/archive/2008/11/25/demos-presentations-links-screencasts-and-videos-for-sql-server-compact.aspx
--
Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP
Thanks
dev
Thanks
ErikEJ
2009-08-18 08:30:20 UTC
I have a VBA sample here:
http://erikej.blogspot.com/2008/04/import-sql-compact-data-to-excel.html
--
Erik Ejlskov Jensen, Mobile App Dev MCTS
Check out my SQL Compact blog at