Getting data about users that make logon to sql server
AMOS
2009-07-16 04:25:13 UTC
Hello everybody

I've to write a procedure that retrieves the
login times of a specified user and an indication
if he is in a login status

I would like to know Which procedures/functions/views
I can use/query in order to get such information.

This information will help me to process the appropriate
data in my procedure

Thank you
Amos
Alberto Silva, MVP
2009-07-16 09:19:23 UTC
I'm not sure if you are aware that this newsgroup is dedicated to SQL Server
Compact, not the full editions of SQL Server (Enterprise, Standard,
Workgroup, ...).

SQL Compact doesn't have the notion of loging in, since it doesn't run as a
service, but in-proc with a .NET/.NET CF app. The best way I see to achieve
what you're looking for would be to add a logging mechanism to your data
access layer code.
--
Alberto Silva
http://www.moving2u.pt - R&D Manager