Convert SQL SERVER db to SQL SERVER CE
ing. ignazio pinto
2009-10-26 14:07:42 UTC
How can i convert a sql server database to a sql server compact database?

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2009-10-26 15:57:01 UTC
You can't, directly. You could, potentially, use remote data access from a
program designed for this purpose, to query all of the data in the SQL Server
database and create the same structure and data in your Compact database. I
guess that you might be able to get the SQL statements from the server
database and run those against your Compact database. Of course, there are
many things that Server can do that Compact can't, so there are going to be
potential problems.

You also might do this via merge replication of the Compact database with
the Server database, especially if you need to continue keeping the two
databases and keeping them synchronized.

I think that, if you give us a clearer description of what you trying to do
(why are you doing this? what's the application of this 'converted' data?
do they need to both exist and continue to be synchronized?), we might be
able to give you some better recommendations.

Paul T.
Russell Fields
2009-10-26 17:11:25 UTC
Here is a freely downloadable project to do just that. Hope that it helps
you.
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/SqlCompactCoptUtility.aspx

RLF
ing. ignazio pinto
2009-10-30 17:41:18 UTC
Thank you i try Primeworks Data Port Wizard tool that it is useful for my
purpose
I find at:
http://www.primeworks-mobile.com/Downloads-2.html