Compact SQL update record
RonR399
2010-01-02 20:51:24 UTC
I want to use databindings for viewing & printing. I use SQL for queries. For
now I already have this fairly well mastered.

what I need is code to select a particular record and update the desired
column in the desired row. I can use the Primary Key from the databindings to
target the selected column & row.

I would NEVER want(or need) to update a whole row.
I would NEVER want(or need) to update more than one record at a time.

I just need code to open the database, then enter a command to update the
column of the selected row(that was selected with the databindings).

I hope I have been clear.
Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2010-01-04 03:06:25 UTC
It seems like any SQL reference will tell you what to do with an UPDATE
query.

UPDATE MyTable SET OneColumn='new value' WHERE PrimaryKeyColumn='primary key
value';

Paul T.