Question about SQL Server Compact Edition Server Tools
davem
2009-06-30 21:06:14 UTC
Through various deployment scenerios I've always had IIS, SQL Server Compact
Edition Server Tools and SQL Server on the same PC or server. Then normally
users from various workstations via ActiveSync connect to this "mobile
server" and sync without issue.

Now I have a different scenerio where one PC has IIS and SQL Server Compact
Edition Server Tools installed, and the SQL Server database I need to sync
with is on different machine. Now I no longer can connect. I have entered
a domain level user account into SQL Server Compact Edition Server Tools
virtual folder, but I still have the issue.

Does SQL Server Compact Edition Server Tools and SQL Server needto be on
the same PC.or what needs to happen to have the PC with SQL Server Compact
Edition Server Tools installed (and IIS) connect to a SQL server database
on another database server?

Thanks,

Dave M.
Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2009-06-30 21:18:37 UTC
You're using merge replication, right? Fill us in on the actual replication
settings that you're using. You've adjusted the publisher name to match the
name of the machine running SQL Server? You've adjusted the publisher user
name and password to match a valid identity on that machine/SQL Server? You
might try running the management console for SQL Server on the IIS machine
and connecting to the SQL Server machine, to be sure that it's working.
What exactly do you get as far as exceptions or errors?

Paul T.